Thursday, April 3, 2008

On a Serious Note....

Let me appeal to your heart. Due to the large number of housing foreclosures, many families are just leaving their pets behind to run wild or taking them to shelters. Many of the areas hardest hit have had a huge influx of abandoned pets. How could anyone just move and leave their dog or cat to fend for themselves? I don't much like Chip, but never in a million years would I want Linda to move and leave her to starve or get run over. If you are facing hardship and might lose your home, PLEASE, PLEASE take your pet to a shelter if you are unable to care for it. To all those people who don't have a pet or have room in their heart for another one, visit your local shelter now and adopt a friend for life. Snickers was adopted when he was 9 months old. He was abused and abandoned. When he was found, he was starving, scared and near death. Now he is the best, best, best dog ever. I'm one of the lucky few who went from a loving home with my birth family to a loving home with my new family. If you are not in the position to adopt, stop by your shelter and donate some canned food, new toys or blankets this weekend.