Wednesday, April 16, 2008

If You Can't Run With the Big Dogs, Stay on the Deck

Excitement! Tierney stayed home from school today. She let me out on the deck while she was working on her laptop. Snickers was inside with Linda, so I could explore the whole thing myself. First, I went inside the dog house. Whew! It's huge and pretty stinky. Then, there was a gigantic bumble bee that I tried to play with, but it flew away. The really big news... I don't want to go to sleep at night in my fort next to Linda's bed. Last night I barked and barked at the bedroom door until she let me out. I ran into the kitchen and snuggled in my pink bed. I'm all grown up now and don't need her right next to me. Maybe sometimes I'll sleep in there to keep her company. It was a little scary the first few minutes because the kitchen was very dark, but I didn't make one sound all night. Linda came to check on my at 6:00 a.m. and took me back into bed with her. We both got under the covers and fell back asleep. Yeah, I'm a big dog now.