Sunday, February 17, 2008

What's in a Name

It gets very confusing around here sometimes. Although our humans named us Snickers, Chalupa, and Chip... we hardly ever get called by our real names. For instance, they might say Choopie; Choopie-Poopie; the Choopster; ChooChizzle; ChooChooChoo; Boodie,BoodieBoo (don't ask); Choobaka or Chupacabra when they want me to jump on the bed. If Snickers is outside and needs to come in, they yell Snikerdoodles; Snicks, Doodles, Good Boy, Boodie (singular); Big Dog, Sneakers, Shnicks come in NOW! But we pretty much answer to anything just in case there is food involved. The bad cat Chip is called Chipster; Chiparoonie; Fat Cat; Tater Chip; ChocoChip; Nacho Chip; ChipieBoodie. There are so many rules to keep and half the time I can't even tell if they are talking to me. I'm not allowed to chew Jerry's boxers when he is sitting on the toilet, but I can chew his belt when he is on the couch. I'm not allowed to eat the cats food, before or after she eats it then barfs; but when I finish my food everyone cheers. If I eat cat poop or roll in it or carry it around the house I get in trouble, but they praise me when I poop. They yell at me when I scoot my butt along the carpet but then they lay me on my back and twirl me around and around on the same carpet while playing. It's a confusing life at my house, but I would not trade my humans for all the Milk Bones in the world.