Sunday, October 14, 2012

Beware of the Chipmunk

If you've been reading since the beginning of my blog (That would be exactly 3 people: Jerry, Tierney and Paul) you would have known about the whole chipmunk fiasco at our house. Over the years, we've had a chipmunk visit our front door a few times a week.  Some people have told Linda to put traps out and kill them, but that would be like killing a family pet.  I know it's different, she does not love them by any stretch.  But they make her go "Awww, Hi little Chippy" when she sees it sitting out front. I like looking at them too.  I sit quietly and don't bark at all.  But now officials are warning that a chipmunk at a park in California has tested positive for the bacteria that causes plague!  It's only one, and its on a different coast, but could it spread eastward? 
"Please Oh Please don't hurt me!"

Linda is not the type to panic over things like that.  She isn't going to change anything or go running for Chip-B-Gone spray. I know I have readers on the west coast (Hi Jean!  I hope you are recovering from your surgery and feeling better.  We think of you all the time.) so I just wanted to put the warning out there.  Linda's Daddy Nick used to hand feed the chipmunks and squirrels off his deck when he was alive. She also has a friend at the gym who hand feeds his chipmunks.  Bill, maybe you better just leave the food in a little bowl from now on.