Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Star is Born


Tierney told me it's considered bad form to talk about how many readers  check out your blog.  I didn't know that, so I always would mention if a lot of people read my blog in any given day.  When she told me other bloggers just hate it, I stopped.  (I don't know all the blogging etiquette, so sorry if I mess up.)  This is just so weird, I had to post about it.  I know I am a very low readership blog.  I've never tried to be famous and in over 5 years, I've never put ad's on my blog or turned the comment section on. (I did for awhile, but people were mean and said I was a designer dog and Linda got me from a bad breeder... none of which is true!)  Anyway, on Sunday some weird stats happened.  Usually, I get a low number of hits per hour.  It can be higher or lower, but it averages from the low teens to the high 20's.  On Sunday afternoon in one hour there were 89!  How is that possible?  Does one person see a post and immediately email everyone in their contacts to have them look at the post?  I know so little on how this all works, but 89 in an hour for a small blog my size sounds crazy!   I feel famous!
You have to look very closely, but that's me in the basket