Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's Good to be Alive!

Yipee!   I feel so much better after my near-death experience.  When Linda got home about 8:25 tonight, I was so excited to see her that I was whimpering.  I was still a little wound up from earlier when Jerry came while she was teaching to walk us.  I made it to the bottom of the hill before I had to be carried.  That's only about 1/4 of what I normally can go.  I'm still getting my strength back.  Plus, it had been over 48 hours since I'd eaten.  When Linda got home, I finally decided to try my new vet approved food.  She put a tiny bit of chicken juice on it and I ate every last bite.  I'll probably sleep in the bathroom for one more night, just to be on the safe side.  If I have diarrhea, I want to be near the pad.  (And I'm sure Linda would appreciate that too.)   Chimmie can sense I don't want to play rough.  He's been super sweet to me since my trial started.  He really is a sweetheart and I'm glad he is my brother.