Monday, August 18, 2008

I Can't Stop Blubbering



Warning: This is a sad story, reader discretion advised. A baby humpback whale has lost its Mama and has bonded with a yacht, even trying to suckle from the bottom. The 1 or 2 month old calf is in the sea north of Sydney, Australia. They are looking for the Mama or another pod of whales, but so far no luck. I think they should put a big speaker in the water and play this CD of singing whales. That might attract the attention of the Mom. They can't even feed the calf. Sometimes a cat or dog will adopt baby squirrels or orphaned tiger cubs, but it would be a little hard for the whale to nurse on a German Shepard. Chip cat is actually fat enough to nurse a whale, but she hates the water. Maybe they can lower a giant baby bottle into the water filled with milk. I can't imagine what life would be like if I lost Linda. She feeds me and loves me just like my birth mother.